Whether you have recently welcomed a new pet into your life or are planning to adopt one, getting your pet spayed or neutered is vital. Not only does spaying or neutering your pet prevent unwanted pregnancy but it also can prevent conditions such as cancer and other reproductive diseases. By spaying or neutering your pet, you save the cost of caring for future litters as well as reduce the likelihood of your pet needing veterinary treatment from injuries occurring when fighting or roaming. However, while you can find a plethora of spay and neuter clinics offering affordable spay and neuter services, choosing the right one is not as easy as it sounds.
Not to mention, you have to take into account a number of factors before making the final decision. Read on to find out five tips to choose a spay and neuter clinic.
- Do your research- One of the major factors that you need to take into account when choosing a spay and neuter clinic is making sure you do an in-depth research on the available clinics in your area. Furthermore, make sure you find out how long the clinic has been in business and whether it is veterinarian owned and operated or owned by a large corporate owner. All of this research can help you to narrow down your options and find a spay and neuter clinic that’ll fit your needs and requirements.
- Types of pets they won’t fix- When it comes to choosing the right spay and neuter clinic, make sure you find out whether they are fully competent in all types of surgeries for all types of breeds. Excluding certain breeds may indicate that the clinic has had complications in the past with these pets, either because of inexperience or lack of proficiency. This may be a tip-off that the spay and neuter clinic lacks proficiency with other types of surgeries that they offer.
- Cost- While cost may be high on your priority list for choosing a spay and neuter clinic, make sure your decision is not entirely based on that alone. However, it is vital that you compare the price charged by different spay and neuter clinics before making the final decision.
- Reviews and testimonials- Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration when choosing a spay and neuter clinic is checking their past client’s reviews and testimonials. Furthermore, make sure you visit their website and go through their past client’s reviews and testimonials. Besides, reading their past reviews will help you in getting a better understanding of their quality of services.
- Number of procedures performed every day- Another major factor that you need to take into account when choosing a spay and neuter clinic is making sure you find out how many procedures are performed each day in the clinic. Many times, spay and neuter clinics may perform more than 50 procedures per day. This understandably can put pressure on the surgeon to work quickly and can make it hard to monitor all of the recovering patients closely. Consecutively, make sure you choose a spay and neuter clinic that works on one patient at a time.
While these were some of the tips and tricks for choosing a spay and neuter clinic, there are many others, such as recovery time, likelihood of complications among many others. Besides, while you can find numerous spay and neuter clinics offering affordable spay and neuter services, make sure you keep in mind the above-mentioned tips and tricks for making an informed decision.